Wednesday, March 28, 2012
THIS is the first of five ‘Handy Helpers’ Tips. We hope you enjoy!
1) Sharpen scissors by cutting through 7 or 8 layers of foil a couple of times
2) Shine rusty chrome by taking a bit of water on a wadded-up piece of foil. Rub rust spots away!
3) Bird deterrent – Hang twisted strips of aluminum foil around fruit trees, tomatoe plants, etc. The reflectors and sound will deter birds!
4) A grill liner of aluminum foil will keep your grill from being encrusted with soot.
5) Electromagnetic interference between CD/DVD players and TVs? Put a sheet of foil between them.
6) For better, more efficient ironing, put a sheet of foil under your ironing board cover to reflect heat back which is more efficient and both sides get ‘ironed’ at one time.
7) When you’re through ironing, clean starch build-up from your iron by running your hot iron over a piece of foil.
1) Clean combs by soaking them for a couple of hours in a glass of 1 part ammonia and 10 parts water; then rinse thoroughly.
1) Remove perspiration stains from white fabrics by dissolving 2 aspirin in half cup of warm water; apply to stained areas; let stand for a couple of hours before washing.
2) Eliminate chlorine discoloration from HAIR by dissolving 8 aspirin in a glass of water and rubbing into hair; leave for about 10 minutes and rinse out. Then shampoo and rinse as normal.
3) Reduce pimple size/appearance by making a paste with a tad of water and a crushed aspirin. Cover the pimple with the paste; after a few minutes, rinse away.
4) If your car battery is struggling, recharge it by dropping 2 aspirin into the battery itself. This will perk it up to allow you to get to a shop to buy a new battery instead of being towed…
Save your life – Part I
Take ONE, low dose (baby) aspirin AT NIGHT. Most heart attacks happen in the early hours of the morning… this allows the strongest concentration to be in your system.
Save your life – Part II
Keep full strength aspirin by your side. If you have a heart attack, immediately dissolve TWO aspirin in your mouth and swallow with a bit of water. Then call 911, tell them what is going on and that you took 2 aspirin. Then start forcing yourself to cough. This contracts the chest muscles surrounding your heart.
- Scott Askew
Posted in: Intown Living
Friday, March 23, 2012
Check this out -
In 1989, you paid:
67 cents for a loaf of bread
97 cents for a gallon of gas
$15,350 for the ‘average’, new, car
$94,000 for the ‘average’ house
And your mortgage rate was 10% which caused your mortgage payment to be $825
In 2011, you paid:
$2.78 for a loaf of bread
$2.84 for a gallon of gas
$30,000 for the ‘average’, new, car
$166,100 for the ‘average’ house
And your mortgage rate was 4.45% which caused your mortgage payment to be $837
Prices seemed to have stabilized in the markets we serve.
YES!, now is the time to buy! The value is very clear!
- Scott Askew
Posted in: Intown Atlanta Real Estate News
Page 1 of 1 pages